Computer Keyboard Shortcuts
CTRL and Shift and Esc – Opens the Task Manager ALT and Tab – Switches between programs
ALT and F4 – Quits the program you are in Shift and Delete – Deletes item permanently
WINDOWS BUTTON and p – If you use Dual Monitors with Windows
Control Key and c – Copy; Control Key and x – Cut; Control Key and v – Paste; Control Key and z - Undo
Check out the Websites/Programs/Tips that can benefit your computer or pocketbook below
04/17/15 - Google Chrome Updated their Bookmark Manager to a new version
(If you want the old version here is what to do)
open up chrome and in the http line put in:
In the options DISABLE the Enable Enhanced Bookmarks
then close out of chrome and re-open and BOOM back to normal!
Other Links and Programs you might like to check out below
- Agent Ransack (Blogged Article on Muskego Patch)
Do you use Microsoft Office? If so make sure to check out this blog I posted on Muskego Patch
- Do you use Outlook? Learn how to Backup your email to a PST file check my blog on Muskego Patch
- Wonder what your Windows Profile does that could making your PC run slow? http://muskego.patch.com/blog_posts/is-your-bloated-user-profile-slowing-windows-down
- Teamviewer (Free remote software to your computer – Install Personal version)
- Carbonite (Off-Site backup to protect your data since Hard Drives fail – Let me know I have a code if you want to try it so I get a month credit if you use my link)
http://carbonite.com (Give us a call first)
- DocsPal (Convert files to other formats free of charge)
- TinyURL – Make your website link much shorter
- PDF995 – Want an awesome program to convert a file into a PDF for free?
- Roboform – We use Roboform Everywhere (Works awesome to sync and only $10 first year and $20 after, but you can put this on any device, Smart Phone, etc.)
- AddictiveTips (Lots of tips daily on numerous things)
- Create a Video Screenshot! Easy! Free! (Muskego Blog article I wrote)
- ant to know how your website will look on an iPad? This link will show you
- Online Audio Converter – Free to convert
- Looking for a great local backup program for your PC or Server? Check out FBackup
- Online PDF Converter (Have a secure PDF and you want to copy n paste?) Free and use online
- Great site to bookmark to learn about a bunch of Items for your Home
- Grab Online videos for free with Video Grabber (Online)
- Picisto is an online tool that lets you create photo collages and vision boards
- Download a Video or Music if you know the URL
- Great Deals if you like to save money – check out this website that others post finds online/instore
- Want to Backup your social media? The Facebook one works great and free, but you have more options
- LyricsnMusic – Free online music search engine for Music People by Music People
- Want to check a website to see if it’s up (Not coming up on your end?) Online and Free
- Use Wakerupper to set a wake-up call, Remind about an event, and much more for free!
- Getting Spyware? Some Tips for Windows XP/Vista/7 Users about TEMP Files
- Use Windows 7 or Vista? Great Add to your Right Click Menu (Check out my Muskego Patch post)
- IObit Uninstaller – Do you hate when you install something and it leaves things behind? Download this for free and it does a great job searching the registry for items the uninstallers dont get rid of!
Got a Desktop Computer? Do you have a Battery Backup UPS?
If not, read why you should think about getting one. Surge Protectors don't help you!
Actually, it helps prevent surges, but if you lose power with a power surge or shutdown, the surge protector is useless. This is one of the problems I find that people either home users or business owners do not look at. The nice thing about this, its an insurance policy that will protect your Power supply, Hard Drive, or having a system that won’t boot up. If you run a Laptop, this has a built in battery which won't make the machine shut off improperly. It might be a good idea to think about since it would stop a power spike from damaging your laptop as well.
We recommend using an APC 450VA-600VA Battery Backup (Usually can get them on sale for about $45-60)
WHAT ANTIVIRUS DO YOU USE?
We recommend and resell ESET Antivirus NOD32 Version 8.
If you want the AntiSpam add on then you would want to get the Smart Security 8.
We buy them in multiple licenses, so if you want one of the best AntiViruses check it out.
Enough people love FREE Antiviruses, but viruses getting created daily, why take the chance of losing information or the headache!
Have a Virus? Try ESET’s FREE Online Scan to maybe clean it. http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/
Be careful of websites or the popups you click on!
When you click on the Pop-Up's or advertising games, this sometimes redirects your web browser and downloads a variety of spyware or cookies that can effect the performance of your computer. Companies do this because they make money each time you go to their site.
Why Carbonite Online Backup?
Because your life is on your computer
Have you considered how much of your life is on your computer? Photos, emails, music, financial records, documents, and so much more. How would you feel if you woke up tomorrow and everything was gone?
Carbonite Protects You From
Accidental Deletion - 43% of people lose irreplaceable files every year
Theft - Only 3 out of 100 stolen laptops are ever recovered
Disaster - Thousands of files are lost each year to fires, floods, and other disasters
Drive Failure - Up to 13% of hard drives crash in their first year
If you want 2 months free with a year purchase click on http://pop.to/umbj
Why choose PC IT Back Together? Let us take a Byte out of the competition!
Regular business hours are Monday - Friday 8AM to 5PM
After Hour and Weekends are available on appointment
We also do Remote Access after hours as well